About This Class
This ongoing workshop will introduce you to the stencil method of screen printing. You will use the various image-making methods using monotype techniques, drawing fluid and screen filler techniques and direct-emulsion photographic stencils. You will work with color with multi-run editions and become familiar with the mark-making possibilities of screen printing while expressing and expanding your own personal style. Beginners welcome.
- Tuesday through Friday from 10 AM to 6 PM: Marsha Shaw
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 PM to 9 PM: Renae Moua
- Saturdays from 10 AM to 5 PM: Zoe Reidy-Watts
- Your image on acetate
- Water-based screen printing ink (paper or textile)
- Plastic containers (no food containers)
- Tape: 3M packaging tape and masking tape
- Opaque paint pens (for drawing on film
- Exacto knife and replacement blades
- Transparency film for registration
- Repositionable spray tack
- What you are printing on: paper or textiles
Unfortunately we do not provide or sell any materials.
We encourage new students to come and visit before taking the class.