- Saturday, May 7, 2022 from 11am to 1pm
- Sliding scale: $5 to $25*
- Location: "Salita" (1st floor)
Make cards using Relief printmaking with your mom of friend! Class taught by local artist Alejandra Rubio.
All are welcome! All materials provided by Mission Gráfica.
*No one turned away for lack of funds.
Tickets can be purchased at MCCLA box office during the following hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday: 5pm to 8pm
- Saturdays: 10:30am to 2:30pm
- Sundays: 10:30am to 2:30pm (Beginning May 15th)
About this Program
Community Printmaking series is a donation based program that offers sliding scale intergenerational printmaking workshops monthly to the Community.
More information: …
- May 5 through 26, 2022
- Thursday nights from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
- 4 week intensive – Must register for entire session.
- Teaching Artist: Dana Wisbar
- Ages: 14 and Up
- Fee: $125 – Buy tickets on Eventbrite
Participants in the class will create their own bandanas using analog and digital processes; dying fabric, learning to pin fabric to print tables, make color separations, register their prints, and screen print with dyes and pigments. Emphasis will be designing within a chosen cultural, social, political, intimate, linguistic, or decorative framework; how will this bandana be used, what will it signify, and who will wear it?
Looking at past and current examples of bandanas and bandana use, students will…
Image text: "Monoprinting Masterclass with Artist Ali Blum.In this workshop, we will learn a variety of monoprinting techniques including food stamping, stencils, chine-colle, and registration. Emphasis is on experimentation and play. All levels invited to participate. Ink, plexiglass plates, and paper is supplied.
April 30th, 11:00 to 1:30, Mission Gráfica – 2868 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 9411"
Image description: a collage of colorful prints by artist Alexandra Blum, a photo of stamping tools including leaves, sponge, and a wooden spoon, and a photo of the artist using printmaking equipment.…
About This Exhibition
- Main Gallery (2nd floor)
- $5 Admission
- Up until May 6, 2022
- Gallery hours: Saturday from 10:30am to 2pm, Tuesday through Friday from 3pm to 8pm.
- Private and group tours by appointment: email@example.com. School tours available by appointment.
The “Solo Mujeres” exhibition has been a tradition at The Mission Cultural Center since 1987. This year we are inviting Artists from across the Bay Area to share their work with MCCLA and the communities we serve. The show will be a collection of work from Artists of all ages and career stages and celebrate the importance of Women’s voices in the Arts.
Exhibition Coordinator: Dr. Martina Ayala
- Saturday March 19, 2022 from 11am to 2pm
- Mission Cultural Center (2868 Mission St. SF, CA 94110)
- Materials included.
- $5 – Material/Registration fee (Venmo: @theRealAlejandra415)
- $15 – Workshop Fee (Paid the day of in cash – Funds maintain community studio)
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts — Mission Gráfica.
Transform a print into a card with local artist, Alejandra Rubio.
Spots are limited. Send $5 to reserve your spot!
- Friday, March 11, 2022 from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Live music and dance
- $10 Admission
- Theater (First floor)
Raíces Afroperuanas – Afro-Peruvian Roots
Dance and music from the coast of Peru. Come and enjoy Afro-Peruvian rhythms. With the rhythms, color and flavor of Peru.
Music by Jaranon y…
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Free admission
- On Zoom and in person at Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts
We are hosting our annual Open House! MCCLA will offer free workshops and activities, both online and in-person, appropriate for all ages. The free workshops and events offered will highlight the diverse cultural experiences available at the MCCLA, throughout the year. Families can enjoy music, arts and crafts, dancing, and much more. Join us after the workshops as we honor Jennie Rodriguez, Executive Director for over 25 years, followed by a musical performance.
Corazón del Barrio is an annual event held in the heart of the historic Mission District by the Mission Cultural…
- In the interest of maintaining the safety of our community, our January 7 Navidad Negra event is CANCELLED.
- Friday, January 7, 2022 from 6 to 7 pm
- Afroperuvian Dance and Music Concert
- $10 Admission (Buy tickets on Eventbrite)
- Family event
- Bilingual event
The MCCLA and Tradition Peruana Cultural Center invite all the public to participate in this descent of Kings with Afro Peruvian cultural traditions. Come and enjoy this particular Afro-Peruvian style to close the Christmas festivities with the presentation of Jaranón and Bochinche. With Cajon, guitar, conga, bass, box and percussion of all kinds.
Artistic Director: Juan de Dios Soto
Choreographer: Lydia Soto
With Musical special guest: Baba Duru