About This Exhibition
- Main Gallery (2nd floor)
- $5 Admission
- Up until May 6, 2022
- Gallery hours: Saturday from 10:30am to 2pm, Tuesday through Friday from 3pm to 8pm.
- Private and group tours by appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org. School tours available by appointment.
The “Solo Mujeres” exhibition has been a tradition at The Mission Cultural Center since 1987. This year we are inviting Artists from across the Bay Area to share their work with MCCLA and the communities we serve. The show will be a collection of work from Artists of all ages and career stages and celebrate the importance of Women’s voices in the Arts.
Exhibition Coordinator: Dr. Martina Ayala
- Saturday March 19, 2022 from 11am to 2pm
- Mission Cultural Center (2868 Mission St. SF, CA 94110)
- Materials included.
- $5 – Material/Registration fee (Venmo: @theRealAlejandra415)
- $15 – Workshop Fee (Paid the day of in cash – Funds maintain community studio)
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts — Mission Gráfica.
Transform a print into a card with local artist, Alejandra Rubio.
Spots are limited. Send $5 to reserve your spot!
- Friday, March 11, 2022 from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Live music and dance
- $10 Admission
- Theater (First floor)
Raíces Afroperuanas – Afro-Peruvian Roots
Dance and music from the coast of Peru. Come and enjoy Afro-Peruvian rhythms. With the rhythms, color and flavor of Peru.
Music by Jaranon y…
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Free admission
- On Zoom and in person at Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts
We are hosting our annual Open House! MCCLA will offer free workshops and activities, both online and in-person, appropriate for all ages. The free workshops and events offered will highlight the diverse cultural experiences available at the MCCLA, throughout the year. Families can enjoy music, arts and crafts, dancing, and much more. Join us after the workshops as we honor Jennie Rodriguez, Executive Director for over 25 years, followed by a musical performance.
Corazón del Barrio is an annual event held in the heart of the historic Mission District by the Mission Cultural…
- In the interest of maintaining the safety of our community, our January 7 Navidad Negra event is CANCELLED.
- Friday, January 7, 2022 from 6 to 7 pm
- Afroperuvian Dance and Music Concert
- $10 Admission (Buy tickets on Eventbrite)
- Family event
- Bilingual event
The MCCLA and Tradition Peruana Cultural Center invite all the public to participate in this descent of Kings with Afro Peruvian cultural traditions. Come and enjoy this particular Afro-Peruvian style to close the Christmas festivities with the presentation of Jaranón and Bochinche. With Cajon, guitar, conga, bass, box and percussion of all kinds.
Artistic Director: Juan de Dios Soto
Choreographer: Lydia Soto
With Musical special guest: Baba Duru
- Opening Reception: Thursday, December 9, 2021 from 6pm to 8pm
- Live Art Auction, Music and Dance Performance: Saturday, December 11, 2021 from 1pm to 6pm
- MCCLA Main Gallery (Second floor)
- Free admission
- All ages
Gifts of Love and Art
Highlighting the spirit of Love, Art, Gifts and the Holidays, Paseo Artístico is showcasing a large gallery show and live art auction with special performances from Arenas Dance Company at Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts second floor gallery to raise funds for Paseo Artístico to continue offering free community art programs.
View artwork at accionlatina.org/en/auction
Auctioneer: Paul S. Flores
Hosted by Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts.
Bimonthly community art stroll Paseo Artístico…
Couch Concert series 2! Is an online musical space in collaboration with La Peña Berkeley and Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts. This musical project seeks to support local artists, providing a free production for the audience.
Guests: Karl Perazzo, Saul Sierra, Julio de la Cruz.
About the Artist
Karl Perazzo since the age of 2 has played some kind of drum or other. At age 7 he played in a band that his mother and father formed. From there he became unstoppable and went on to play with Cal Tjader while only in the 6th grade.
Karl Perazzo, born and…
- Saturday, November 6 from 11am to 12:30pm
- Free at MCCLA
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts will be celebrating 45 years of Art & Culture in 2022, and wants YOU to be part of it! We are proud MCCLA has reached such outstanding milestones in its history and in the community, and think the occasion for us to honor its accomplishments and longtime mission, is not to be missed. We are excited to hold our first planning meeting in September. Come, listen, and share your ideas, and suggestions. Better yet, join us in the planning of the special anniversary activities. It’s almost time to celebrate!
Your contribution for our awaited special celebration will be greatly appreciated as we…
- Saturday, October 23 from 5:30pm to 6pm
- 2868 Mission Street (MCCLA)
History Matters in the Mission is a mini historic tour down 24th street presented in the form of a street theater procession with live music on a flatbed truck, dancing in the street, giant puppets, and elements of radical street theater originally introduced by the SF Mime Troupe in the 1960’s, with elements of today’s technology such as networked mobile devices and AR. The Chicana feminist artist Yolanda Lopez, who recently passed away in September, was very inspirational in the project conception during conversations with Paseo Artístico coordinator Paul S. Flores in the Fall of 2019 at Accion Latina. The show is dedicated to…