For the 28th consecutive year, the MCCLA will introduce children and youth ages 7 to 13 to the various artistic disciplines and local artists in a dynamic and entertaining summer program. If you are interested in teaching this summer, please read the following information and submit a completed application to email@example.com or at the reception.
We are offering two 4-week sessions this 2018 summer:
- 1st Session: June 10th to July 3rd, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- 2nd Session: July 8th to August 2nd, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
We also offer an Arts & Crafts After-Care Program from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
MCCLA is committed to offering local artists and artisans the opportunity to teach classes at the Center in various artistic disciplines. The Multicultural Arts Summer Youth Program (MAS) offers approximately 12 classes per session for children ages 7 to 13 in dance, music, arts and crafts, theater, printmaking, and fashion design, among others.
Priority is given to classes that further MCCLA’s mission to promote, preserve and develop the Latino Arts, and to make arts accessible to the community it serves. For this reason, instructors are required to be bilingual (English/Spanish). A complete application must be submitted by the required deadline.
Application Due: May 15.
- Once application is approved, instructor must submit a quality photo and brief bio (1 paragraph) and a class description.
- All instructors must be fingerprinted and submit a Live Scan.
- Class evaluations are conducted at the end of each session by students.
- Instructors also participate in the MAS Shows on the last day of each session.
- MCCLA reserves the right to photograph/videotape classes for promotional and documentation purposes. Students must have permission from their parents to be photographed or videotaped (permission forms are given to parents).
For more information, please contact MCCLA’s office (415) 821-1155 or outreach (643-2787).
Classes previously offered: Yoga (not optional, all students participate), Mexican Folk Dance, Hip Hop, Arts & Crafts, Printmaking, Percussion (congas), Caribbean Moves, Ballroom Dancing, Latin Grooves & Percussion (Cajón), Capoeira, Fashion Design, Improvisation Theater, Digital Photography
The MCCLA is dedicated to developing a diverse cultural arts program, if you have another class that is not listed, we encourage you to apply and submit a class proposal.
MAS Teaching Application
- 1st Session
- 2nd Session
- Street Address:
- Zip Code:
- Home Phone Number:
- Work Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- E-mail address:
- Employer Address:
- Class Desired:
- Hours Preferred (1st and 2nd choice)
- Are you currently teaching (In a school, cultural/performing group, or as an independent instructor)?
- If so, how long?
- Name of the group, organization or school where you teach:
- Address of the group, organization or school where you teach:
- Are you bilingual? If so, which language?
- Are you interested in teaching the After-Care Program from 3:30 to 5:30 PM?
- Age group you teach (Children, Youth, Adults):
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Fed Tax ID Number, if self-employed:
Artistic And Professional Experience
For each item of experience, please list:
Please provide 3 business references (Name, Title or Occupation, Address, and Phone)
Explain in details your class, teaching methods, and materials needed by students.
Date &, Signature
Please Sign and Date.