- Title: Mission Gráfica Coordinator
- Department: Mission Gráfica
- Reports to: Executive Director
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt, 30 hours per week total (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Directly Leads: Program Assistant and volunteers
- Budgetary Line Responsibility: Assists in the development of an annual budget for Mission Gráfica
The Mission Gráfica Coordinator provides overall management and direction of this MCCLA program. This position coordinates and develops all aspects of silkscreen and textile print production including classes at Mission Gráfica, and MCCLA’s own screen printing component. Promotes and maintains a safe, clean and secure operation. The Mission Gráfica Coordinator enforces appropriate use of equipment, resources, and space. Bilingual English and Spanish verbal and written fluency is required for this job. This position ensures compliance with stated program objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Program Development and Implementation
- Design and print posters, t-shirts, according to MCCLA’s cultural calendar, or as required
- Teach screen printing classes and workshops for both youth and adults
- Teach silkscreen workshops to schools and community groups
- Oversee intake of silkscreen jobs and printing rental space
- Instruct users in the proper and safe handling of inks, solvents, and equipment
- Assist in MG’s annual programming plan and budget, and in the development of long-range plans
- Actively collaborates in the planning and coordination of MCCLA’s cultural calendar
- Participates in grant writing development by identifying projects and sources of funding
- Integrates program with other MCCLA programs and staff
- Follows and enforces appropriate safety guidelines
- Provides weekly supervision of the Program Assistant
- Provides an annual written performance evaluation of the Program Assistant.
- Assesses training needs of the Program Assistant and develops plan for skill development
- Supervise Mission Gráfica instructors, and coordinate all interns, guest artists, and special projects
- Prepares for presentations and represents MCCLA at events and other public relations activities
- Responsible for inventory, storage & safekeeping of silk screens graphic art work and supplies
- Provide quotes and generate invoices for all jobs and in-kind donations
- Oversee MG’s Archival Project (selection and preservation of print collection)
- Submit Monthly Reports
- Attend meetings as required
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Promotes a positive environment for staff and clients by modeling a professional attitude at all times
- Ensures confidentiality
- Contributes as a team player
- Provides leadership by expressing point of view, maintaining a professional and open attitude at all times and engaging staff and clients in dialogue
- Adheres to MCCLA personnel policies and procedures
- Models MCCLA organizational values at all times
Education and Experience
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Latino Arts or Arts History, or other related discipline. Degree must be awarded by an accredited college or university.
- Proven experience as printmaker or printmaking instructor for at least three years
- Knowledgeable in the proper and safe use of tools, materials, and equipment of a printmaking facility
- Ability to communicate, teach and work with diverse groups of people and organizations
- Be able to work as a team with the Multimedia Department to coordinate production of MCCLA materials
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Responsible, organized and self-directed
- Three years of supervisory experience, including assistance with training and skill development
- Ability to conduct disciplinary actions if needed
- Bilingual English and Spanish verbal and written skills
- Articulate public speaking skills for teaching and delivering presentations to groups of people
High school level math
- Computer and Internet proficient (word processing)
- Able to utilize graphic design software and produce materials
Must project a professional image and dress neatly when reporting to work. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours and under stress. Lifting of heavy materials is required.
Fast paced work environment with multiple demands presented at all times.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (415) 648-0933 the following to be considered:
- Resume and Cover Letter summarizing verifiable education and work experience.
- At least 3 professional references.
- Best day and time for an interview.