Bilingual Receptionist (English & Spanish)
- Reports To: Administration Department
- Days: Tuesday to Friday
- Hours: 30 hours per week (9:30am to 5:30pm)
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: $16.50 per hour
Scope of Work
Responsible for handling front office reception, and various clerical and administrative duties. Greets, directs, and provides updated and accurate information to callers and visitors about MCCLA classes, programs, and events. Handles and / or refers incoming inquiries. Operates main telecommunication and database system, Schedule meetings, office purchases, and equipment maintenance.
- Greet walk-in customers and visitors, and refer them to specific staff or department.
- Answer, screen, reply, or forward telephone calls for staff or departments.
- Type correspondence, e-mails, lists and other materials as required.
- Receive or send information or documents by computer, mail (PDF), or fax machine.
- Handle, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and parcels, prepare outgoing mail.
- Order materials and supplies, receives and returns parcels.
- Make general online purchases, and organizes and manages office supplies and inventory.
- Receive and process monies from classes, entry fees, merchandise and rentals.
- Maintain and report on assigned petty cash account.
- Keep track of staff whereabouts in and out of building
- Keep volunteer and intern sign-in sheets, and facilities binders.
- Keep and update class schedules, contact lists, and department directories as necessary.
- Copy, file, and maintain office documents and records.
- Keep masters or originals of classes and events flyers for information and photocopying.
- When necessary (or urgent) perform back-up cashier duties.
- Contribute to the overall security of the office by following procedures, monitoring logbooks and visitors' access, issuing visitor and volunteer passes.
- Document and communicate actions, complaints, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Keeps office and reception area safe, clean and neat, and office materials organized.
- Keep updated binder with instructions and emergency numbers.
- Attend monthly operations and staff meetings, and annual retreat (as required).
- Submit monthly progress report, petty cash, and purchase reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other administrative support tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
Telephone skills, Verbal and Written Communication, Active Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Ability to work under pressure and on different projects.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position.
- Proficient in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of office management, database maintenance, and basic bookkeeping.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, photocopier, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word), and/or Google Suite.
College Diploma, Associate Degree (desired).
Submit your resume, cover letter, and preferred day/time for interview, to email@example.com.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Time Commitment: 30 hours per week
Scope of Work
Responsible for overall Accounting/Bookkeeping Department activities in keeping with non-profit accounting practices. Communication with organization’s staff, contractors, participants, funders, and vendors. Processing staff & teacher’s payroll, and
supervision of box office cashier and back-up bookkeeper.
- Accounting Degree with a minimum 2-3 years experience
- Solid knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Non-profit financial and budget preparation experience (preferable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and timely manage various projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Process and manage bi-weekly payroll through ADP.
- Process timely and accurate payments to vendors and independent contractors.
- Keep track of staff benefits including holidays, paid time-off, and medical balance.
- Monitor Account Receivable and Account Payable balances.
- Manage daily cash receipts and bank deposits processing.
- Track funding sources and billing.
- Create journal entries for month-end closing.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts, credit card and petty cash.
- Generate financial reports for executive management as requested.
- Prepare and file non-profit reports and tax returns.
- Prepare annual budget and assist with annual audits
- Any other bookkeeping tasks assigned by Executive Director
Will be based upon a 20-30 minute QuickBooks & Excel test, answers to supplemental questions below, and personal interview(s).
How To Apply
Interested individuals must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed MCCLA job application, with a chronological resume
- Answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire
- At least 3 professional references
- Best day and time to interview