Multicultural Arts Summer (MAS)
Youth Program Coordinator Assistant
Temporary, May 23 - August 9th
- May 23rd- June 7th 25 hours a week (Flexible)
- June 10-August 2nd Monday-Fri. 8:30- 4:30 p.m. (Fixed)
- August 5th- August 9th 25 Hours a week (Flexible)
The Assistant Youth Coordinator will assist the Arts Education/Outreach Coordinator with the planning, registration (Google Database), coordination, implementation, record-keeping, overall program support, supervision of volunteers and lunch program, and evaluation of the MAS (Summer) program.
- Assist Coordinator with the registration process, parent orientation session(s), and meetings.
- Supervise and coordinate MAS volunteers.
- Assist and support instructors with their classes (attendance, time sheets, scheduling, materials, and supplies, etc.)
- Provide clerical and office support with forms, emergency cards, lists, reports, record keeping, statistics, and translation of documents.
- Contact/answer questions from parents and students concerning applications, registration, classes, program activities, and discipline.
- Counsel students and enforce established program rules.
- Coordinate and supervise the distribution of lunch at noon and snacks.
- Participate in the Mandatory DCYF Lunch Training on May 28 from 9:30 am – 1:30 pm.
- Remain in the lobby at end of the program until students are picked up or arranged for pick up.
- Assist with program activities (i.e., field trips, picnics, and End of Summer Exhibition/Performances).
- Various tasks assigned by the Arts Education/Outreach Coordinator.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bilingual literacy (speaking, reading, and writing) in Spanish and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with bilingual students in an urban community setting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well with artists/instructors, and participants.
- Computer Literacy: Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel
Send letter of application, resume and 3 references and any support material in PDF format to:
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts
Attention: Jennie Rodriguez
2868 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA. 94110