Title: Multimedia Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Directly leads: Contractor, Volunteers, and Interns
Budget line responsibility: Provides feedback to the Executive Director regarding line items pertaining to the area of responsibility
Languages: Bilingual (English‐Spanish)
The Multimedia Department provides support to all MCCLA departments through the production of visual and graphic materials and website maintenance. The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of timely graphic and visual materials that fulfill the needs of each of the Center’s departments. The Multimedia Coordinator also supports and raises the visibility of MCCLA programs by producing the appropriate promotional materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create beautiful marketing experiences across all platforms.
- Design monthly print and digital calendar of events.
- Design all graphics /visual material for MCCLA’s events and special projects (posters, flyers, programs, newsletters, etc.)
- Work closely with webmaster contractor to develop and maintain and regularly update the website.
- Update of MCCLA’s social media applications.
- Ensure continuity in visual messaging across all channels.
- Take photos/videos and produce DVD clips of MCCLA programs and events for funding and marketing purposes.
- Work closely with Events and Media Coordinator, and other programming coordinators, to provide pertinent and timely promotional materials.
- Keep track of Multimedia request forms to assure orderly and timely processing.
- Provide supervision of interns and volunteers assigned to Multimedia.
- Maintain an inventory of the multimedia center, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure repairing and upgrading of multimedia equipment, hardware, and software
- Contact vendors/suppliers to obtain an estimate of costs for supplies, materials and printing.
- Maintain MCCLA video archive inventory, and produce a current listing.
- Attend monthly Coordinators meetings, and submit monthly reports.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).
- CMS familiarity, especially with WordPress.
- Social Media advertising/ ad development.
- Experience with photography and video production.
- Prior use of website optimization tools such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- HTML and CSS
A fast-paced work environment with multiple demands presented at all times.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of proven experience in graphic, web design, and developing promotional DVDs.
- Extensive knowledge of multimedia equipment (hardware and software).
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in an effective, tactful, and professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Must project a professional image and dress neatly when reporting to work.
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours and handle multiple projects. Lifting of heavy materials is required up to 50lbs.
- Promotes a positive environment for staff and clients by modeling a professional attitude at all times.
- Ensures confidentiality.
- Contributes as a team player.
- Provides leadership by expressing point of view, maintaining a professional and open attitude at all times and engaging staff and clients in dialogue.
- Adheres to MCCLA personnel policies and procedures.
- Neat and professional attire.
- Models MCCLA organizational values at all times.
- Follows copyright and trademark guidelines.
- Resume and Cover Letter summarizing verifiable education and work experience
- PDF Portfolio or link and/or website
- At least 3 professional references
- Best day and time for an interview to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call. Submit application ONLINE ONLY, thank you.
Only candidates currently located in the SF Bay Area will be considered.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Time Commitment: 30 hours per week
Scope of Work
Responsible for overall Accounting/Bookkeeping Department activities in keeping with non-profit accounting practices. Communication with organization’s staff, contractors, participants, funders, and vendors. Processing staff & teacher’s payroll, and
supervision of box office cashier and back-up bookkeeper.
- Accounting Degree with a minimum 2-3 years experience
- Solid knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Non-profit financial and budget preparation experience (preferable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and timely manage various projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Process and manage bi-weekly payroll through ADP.
- Process timely and accurate payments to vendors and independent contractors.
- Keep track of staff benefits including holidays, paid time-off, and medical balance.
- Monitor Account Receivable and Account Payable balances.
- Manage daily cash receipts and bank deposits processing.
- Track funding sources and billing.
- Create journal entries for month-end closing.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts, credit card and petty cash.
- Generate financial reports for executive management as requested.
- Prepare and file non-profit reports and tax returns.
- Prepare annual budget and assist with annual audits
- Any other bookkeeping tasks assigned by Executive Director
Will be based upon a 20-30 minute QuickBooks & Excel test, answers to supplemental questions below, and personal interview(s).
How To Apply
Interested individuals must submit to email@example.com:
- A completed MCCLA job application, with a chronological resume
- Answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire
- At least 3 professional references
- Best day and time to interview
Bilingual Receptionist (English & Spanish)
- Reports To: Administration Department
- Days: Tuesday to Friday
- Hours: 30 hours per week (9:30am to 5:30pm)
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: $16.50 per hour
Scope of Work
Responsible for handling front office reception, and various clerical and administrative duties. Greets, directs, and provides updated and accurate information to callers and visitors about MCCLA classes, programs, and events. Handles and / or refers incoming inquiries. Operates main telecommunication and database system, Schedule meetings, office purchases, and equipment maintenance.
- Greet walk-in customers and visitors, and refer them to specific staff or department.
- Answer, screen, reply, or forward telephone calls for staff or departments.
- Type correspondence, e-mails, lists and other materials as required.
- Receive or send information or documents by computer, mail (PDF), or fax machine.
- Handle, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and parcels, prepare outgoing mail.
- Order materials and supplies, receives and returns parcels.
- Make general online purchases, and organizes and manages office supplies and inventory.
- Receive and process monies from classes, entry fees, merchandise and rentals.
- Maintain and report on assigned petty cash account.
- Keep track of staff whereabouts in and out of building
- Keep volunteer and intern sign-in sheets, and facilities binders.
- Keep and update class schedules, contact lists, and department directories as necessary.
- Copy, file, and maintain office documents and records.
- Keep masters or originals of classes and events flyers for information and photocopying.
- When necessary (or urgent) perform back-up cashier duties.
- Contribute to the overall security of the office by following procedures, monitoring logbooks and visitors' access, issuing visitor and volunteer passes.
- Document and communicate actions, complaints, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Keeps office and reception area safe, clean and neat, and office materials organized.
- Keep updated binder with instructions and emergency numbers.
- Attend monthly operations and staff meetings, and annual retreat (as required).
- Submit monthly progress report, petty cash, and purchase reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other administrative support tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
Telephone skills, Verbal and Written Communication, Active Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Ability to work under pressure and on different projects.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position.
- Proficient in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of office management, database maintenance, and basic bookkeeping.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, photocopier, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word), and/or Google Suite.
College Diploma, Associate Degree (desired).
Submit your resume, cover letter, and preferred day/time for interview, to firstname.lastname@example.org.