Box Office & Events Cashier / Back Up
Description of Work
Hours: 12 to 15 hours per month or as needed.
Compensation: $17 per hour.
General Statement of Duties: Sell tickets and other Mission Cultural Center products (artwork, art merchandise, etc.) to customers in person using cash or credit card, make change quickly and accurately; balance out cash drawer at the end of the shift or day; must give accurate information to high number of phone inquiries; deals with an occasional unsatisfied customer; works under stress when lines are long and the phones are busy. Upon request, provides accurate information to patrons. Some events requiring admission payment happen after regular hours and/or weekends.
Supervision Received: Works under supervision of Full Charge Bookkeeper and the Box Office Cashier.
Examples of Work
- Accepts cash or credit card payment from customers for tickets for classes and events at the Box Office or at the Gallery, using Square and Vendini automated system.
- Accurately answers a high number of phone inquiries.
- Balances the cash drawers at the end of the shift or day.
- Makes change quickly and accurately.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level/type as required.
- Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED.
- 1-2 years cashier experience
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Should have an outgoing personality, be confident and self assured and have good public relations skills.
- Must be able to:
- Work with the public on a one-to-one basis.
- Work varied schedules including evenings and weekends when requested.
How to Apply
- Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, bring it to our office during office hours (Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 5:30 PM).
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Time Commitment: 30 hours /week
Scope of Work
Responsible for overall Accounting/Bookkeeping Department activities in keeping with non-profit accounting practices. Communication with organization’s staff, contractors, participants, funders, and vendors. Processing staff & teacher’s payroll, and
supervision of box office cashier and back-up bookkeeper.
- Accounting Degree with a minimum 2-3 years experience
- Solid knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Non-profit financial and budget preparation experience (preferable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and timely manage various projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Process and manage bi-weekly payroll through ADP.
- Process timely and accurate payments to vendors and independent contractors.
- Keep track of staff benefits including holidays, paid time-off, and medical balance.
- Monitor Account Receivable and Account Payable balances.
- Manage daily cash receipts and bank deposits processing.
- Track funding sources and billing.
- Create journal entries for month-end closing.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts, credit card and petty cash.
- Generate financial reports for executive management as requested.
- Prepare and file non-profit reports and tax returns.
- Prepare annual budget and assist with annual audits
- Any other bookkeeping tasks assigned by Executive Director
Will be based upon a 20-30 minute QuickBooks & Excel test, answers to supplemental questions below, and personal interview(s).
How to Apply
Interested individuals must submit:
- a completed MCCLA job application, with a chronological resume
- answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire
- at least 3 professional references
- best day and time to interview