Teaching Artists Needed!
Deadline: January 15th, 2020
We are seeking instructors in:
- Fashion Design
- Visual Arts
The MCCLA is dedicated to developing a diverse cultural arts program. If you have another class that is not listed, we encourage you to apply and submit a class proposal.
- Degree or certificate in your art form
- Experience teaching
- Must pass a background check and submit fingerprints (if teaching minors)
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Bilingual Receptionist (English & Spanish)
- Reports To: Administration Department
- Days: Tuesday to Friday
- Hours: 30 hours per week (9:30am to 5:30pm)
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: $16.50 per hour
Scope of Work
Responsible for handling front office reception, and various clerical and administrative duties. Greets, directs, and provides updated and accurate information to callers and visitors about MCCLA classes, programs, and events. Handles and / or refers incoming inquiries. Operates main telecommunication and database system, Schedule meetings, office purchases, and equipment maintenance.
- Greet walk-in customers and visitors, and refer them to specific staff or department.
- Answer, screen, reply, or forward telephone calls for staff or departments.
- Type correspondence, e-mails, lists and other materials as required.
- Receive or send information or documents by computer, mail (PDF), or fax machine.
- Handle, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and parcels, prepare outgoing mail.
- Order materials and supplies, receives and returns parcels.
- Make general online purchases, and organizes and manages office supplies and inventory.
- Receive and process monies from classes, entry fees, merchandise and rentals.
- Maintain and report on assigned petty cash account.
- Keep track of staff whereabouts in and out of building
- Keep volunteer and intern sign-in sheets, and facilities binders.
- Keep and update class schedules, contact lists, and department directories as necessary.
- Copy, file, and maintain office documents and records.
- Keep masters or originals of classes and events flyers for information and photocopying.
- When necessary (or urgent) perform back-up cashier duties.
- Contribute to the overall security of the office by following procedures, monitoring logbooks and visitors' access, issuing visitor and volunteer passes.
- Document and communicate actions, complaints, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Keeps office and reception area safe, clean and neat, and office materials organized.
- Keep updated binder with instructions and emergency numbers.
- Attend monthly operations and staff meetings, and annual retreat (as required).
- Submit monthly progress report, petty cash, and purchase reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other administrative support tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
Telephone skills, Verbal and Written Communication, Active Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Ability to work under pressure and on different projects.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position.
- Proficient in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of office management, database maintenance, and basic bookkeeping.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, photocopier, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word), and/or Google Suite.
College Diploma, Associate Degree (desired).
Submit your resume, cover letter, and preferred day/time for interview, to firstname.lastname@example.org.