Google’s first-ever Image Equity Fellowship is a 6-month, application-based Fellowship awarded to 20 early-career image-based creators of color in the US. Selected Fellows will receive $20,000 in unrestricted funds to create an image-based project that explores and uplifts community(ies) of color with care and nuance. Fellows will receive support from Google and three industry-celebrated nonprofit partners—Aperture, For Freedoms & FREE THE WORK—in the form of dedicated mentorship, workshops, funding and publication of and press for their completed projects.
In addition to the $20,000 unrestricted award, selected Fellows will receive direct support and curated guidance from industry-celebrated mentors and monthly workshop programming designed to empower these artists as creatives and business people.
The Image Equity Fellowship will consider any person who meets the following qualifications:
- Fellow must self-identify as a person of color (e.g. Black, Middle Eastern, Indigenous, Asian, and/or Latinx)
- Fellow must be at least 18 years old (at the time of application submission)
- Fellow must have a valid United States address.
- Fellow must be able to submit a W9 form
- If selected, Fellows will need to provide a W9, a US address, and bank account information.