- Title: Facilities & Operations Manager
- Department: Operations
- Reports to: Executive Director
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Full time – 40hrs/week
- Salary: $22 per Hour
- Directly Leads: Facilities 1, 2, and Front Desk Security
- Budgetary Line Responsibility: Provides feedback on facility and operational needs during the development of the next fiscal year’s budget
Working closely with MCCLA’s Executive Director, the Facilities/Operations Manager is responsible for MCCLA’s facilities management and operations coordination. This position oversees the safe, efficient operation and maintenance of MCCLA’s facility, including the implementation of capital improvement projects. The Facilities/Operations Manager coordinates the planning, designing and managing of all facilities/operations systems and processes so MCCLA can operate successfully. This position is also responsible for creating an organizational emergency and safety plan, keeping accurate records (e.g. building reference binder, operations and maintenance manuals, repair and maintenance records and permits).
On the operational side, the Facilities Manager attends to MCCLA day-to-day activities and ensures an efficient operation, tends to inquiries and emergencies, with an emphasis in problem solving, adequate staffing, effective communication, and customer service. Works closely and communicates regularly with the Executive Director on facilities management and operational issues and maintains professional boundaries with staff at all times. Enforces MCCLA operational and organizational policies and must demonstrate independence and sound judgment to maintain confidential information. Supervises the work of the Facilities 1,2.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare, coordinate and execute the Facilities Maintenance & Repair, Emergency and Recycling Plans to ensure a safe, well-maintained building.
- Coordinate daily, monthly, quarterly and periodical maintenance duties, as well as required repairs, fire drills, special, or capital improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance with government health and safety codes and standards, reporting deficiencies and compliance to the SFAC.
- Addresses users and renters needs, and maintains communication with City agencies.
- Meets with City Vendors and Contractors (DPW, RED, SFAC) as required and reports on action required.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates Facilities Staff.
- Prepare quarterly / annual budgets for labor, equipment and supplies to be submitted to and approved by the Executive Director.
- Revise / analyze proposals and budgets for facilities projects, and advise management on acceptance.
- Coordinate diagnosis and repair of equipment, manage service contracts with vendors, process invoices.
- Maintains facility keys communications, equipment, and security equipment. May be performed in collaboration with security personnel to maintain building security and effectively plan for and ensure public safety at the facility.
- Arrange for pick-up of donated items, equipment, or supplies.
- Effectively plan for and respond to an emergency situation in coordination with public safety authorities, including, but not limited to, the Police Dept., Fire Dept., and Public Health.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly and efficiently, in a safe and enjoyable environment for staff and clients.
- Anticipate, coordinate and ensure adequate Operations and Facilities staffing on a daily basis.
- Assist departments with the logistical planning, equipment and technical requirements, for MCCLA’s events and activities.
- Provide technical assistance to the main office for tech equipment.
- Maintain/ adhere to standards and procedures for technical production and client services.
- Ensure proper use, assignment, maintenance and storage of all equipment and supplies.
- Track and keep inventories of equipment, systems, supplies, and donations..
- Works closely with Facilities 1,2, Front Desk Security and House Tech.
- Maintain updated master operations / facilities calendar, files and database
- Clean and re-stock restrooms and attend to functionality issues as needed
- Attend monthly and required Staff, Facilities, and Operations meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ongoing communication and coordination with Facilities 1,2
- Daily supervision of Facilities 1,2.
- Written annual performance evaluation of the Facilities 1,2.
- Research, collect data, and submit status reports on assigned projects.
- Submits Weekly / Monthly status reports
- Promotes a positive environment for staff and clients by modeling a professional attitude at all times
- Ensures confidentiality
- Contributes as a team player
- Provides leadership by expressing point of view, maintaining a professional and open attitude at all times and engaging staff and clients in dialogue
- Adheres to MCCLA personnel policies and procedures
- Models MCCLA organizational values at all times
- Projects a professional image and dresses neatly when reporting to work
Education And Experience
- B.A. degree or related experience
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in facilities management and operations coordination.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, including ability to manage priorities and workflow, as well as plan, organize, and implement projects and procedures.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekend hours.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to objectively meet difficult and/or emotional situations in a professional and tactful manner.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions with strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
- Understanding and responsiveness to a diverse population.
- Ability to effectively communicate information; maintain confidentiality; and work independently
- Possess a positive attitude and work efficiently in a team environment
- Current California Driver’s License
- Fully bilingual and proficient in both English and Spanish languages
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Solid computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel (a must), Google Suite, and Internet..
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Substantial physical movement
Please email email@example.com or fax (415) 648-0933 the following to be considered:
- Resume and Cover Letter summarizing verifiable education and work experience.
- At least 3 professional references.
- Best day and time for an interview