Part time: 25 hours per week (Tuesday to Friday)
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $22 per hour
Scope of Work
Provide support to the Executive Director, including assisting with Office Management, Human Resources and Communications.
- Support development and maintenance of Executive Director’s calendar and schedule
- Arrange and coordinate all meetings originating from the Executive Director, including related materials (live and on-line)
- Support development of Executive Director’s reports and presentations
- Receive and screen incoming calls and visitors, determine priority status, and make referrals to appropriate staff or provide requested information
- Edit communications from the Executive Director including website related articles, documents prepared for the Executive’s Director’s signature, and various other correspondence and reports
- Read and screen incoming correspondence and reports; make preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organize and prioritize documents
- Effectively communicate in written and oral Spanish to donors, trustees and the general public.
- Maintain Executive Director’s mailing list.
- Provide support related to the Executive Director’s work with the MCCLA Board, associations, advisory groups and other MCCLA-affiliated entities.
- Establish and maintain various filing and records management systems, including the Executive Director’s mailing list
- Make travel arrangements; prepare itineraries and maintain travel vouchers and records for submission to the Accounting Department
- Research, compile, assimilate, and prepare confidential and sensitive documents for designated projects
- Identify needed supplies and materials for the Executive Director.
- Coordinate office management activities for the Executive Director
- Assist with preparation of the office budget
- Assist with the establishment, revision and maintenance of office procedures and policies
- Compile and maintain personnel records, statistical information, and reports
- Assist the Executive Director with ongoing recruitment, hiring, orientation, and supervision of MCCLA personnel.
- Assign, distribute, and maintain an inventory of MCCLA building access keys.
- Serve as contact person related to employee health benefits.
- Provide occasional relief support for Front Desk / Reception
- Order office supplies and materials for MCCLA staff.
- Provide team support on specific projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as required.
- Communicate key concepts of MCCLA’s mission, programs and activities.
- Communicate interdepartmentally and externally to highlight MCCLA’s mission, programing and activities in English and Spanish.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community associations and represent MCCLA at designated public functions and meetings.
- Prior experience supporting an executive in an administrative support position
- Spanish fluency (written and oral)
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Word / Excel)
- Social Media Skills (Constant Contact)
- Non-profit and / or community-based experience a plus
The position is mainly a sedentary position. Occasional lifting of not more than 30 lbs. Bending, stooping and kneeling as required for filing and copy machine operation. Visual acuity appropriate for computer work and printed page. Manual dexterity to maintain a 55-wpm word processing speed.
Please email email@example.com or fax (415) 648-0933 the following to be considered:
- Resume and Cover Letter summarizing verifiable education and work experience.
- At least 3 professional references.
- Best day and time for an interview.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.