- Saturday, June 26, 2021
- 11 am to 5:30 pm
- Lobby, Theater, and outside
- Free (Registration required for classes)
The Mission Cultural Center For Latino Arts is proud to announce we are opening to the public again!
Join us for this special open house and take part in our programming. There will be activities for everyone in the family to participate.
Bienvenidos a el corazón del barrio!!!
- 11 am to 1 pm — Paper Maché Masks and Sacred Hearts (Register on Eventbrite)
- 1 pm to 2 pm — Salsa, Bachata & Merengue workshop (Register on Eventbrite)
- 2 pm to 3 pm — Capoeira for families (Register on Eventbrite)
- 3 pm to 3:15 pm (Lobby & Theater) — Blessing by Jorge Molina. Peruvian Tradition.
- 3:30 pm to 4 pm (Lobby) — Ofrendas de la Tierra: Cultivando relaciones con nuestras plantas parientes by Alondra Aragon:
“I welcome you to a talk about the knowledge of our plant relatives. We will share knowledge of their stories, ancestral places and their medicinal properties. We will have a wonderful time as we get to know intimately the world of California native plants and our native Meso America plants and how they can be grown and prepared for use.”
- 4 pm to 4:15 pm (Lobby) — Juggling performance by Jefferson Freire.
Enjoy the skills of one of the best Latin juggling artists, join us in these intense and fun thirty minutes.
- 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm — Live Latin jazz music performance by The Bay Cats
With Charlie Barreda (Keyboards/Vocals), Ramon Garcia (Vocals/Flute/Percussion), David Pinto (Bass/Vocals), and a surprise guest!!