- Proposal deadline: Monday, September 30, 2021
- Installation: September 30 to October 11, 2021
- Soft Opening: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- The exhibition runs through November 13, 2021
- Day of the Dead Celebration: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
MCCLA will be proudly hosting its 35th Day of the Dead (DOD) exhibit in October 2021, and is looking for a DOD Curator. The Exhibit, influenced by the deeply rooted Mexican celebration, offers an intimate, as well as a collective space, for all of us to reflect on the ever present concepts of life and death, and showcase awesome artistic creativity! At the time of this Call, and unless otherwise notified, there are no Covid-19 related City restrictions.
- Implement exhibition theme, concept, and overall gallery presentation
- Plan, coordinate, produce, and curate exhibition as well as ancillary activities according to approved proposal
- Prepare exhibition information
- Contact, select, and provide guidance and direction to participating artists
- Prepare and gather all necessary/required documentation pertinent to exhibition.
- Hold a mandatory meeting with the tour guide before the exhibit
- Work with Events and Gallery Coordinator to prepare press release, wall signage, gallery program, and guided tours (if applicable).
MCCLA will be responsible for the following:
- $1,500 curatorial fee for main gallery
- Gallery space and wall preparation
- Gallery staffing and volunteers
- Exhibition materials and supplies as agreed
- Marketing and Promotion of exhibit/events
- Bilingual tour guide for scheduled tours
- Exhibition proposal (title/ theme / description / relevance / scope & source of art)
- Letter of intent for curatorial project
- Curriculum vitae
- A general realistic budget outlining exhibition costs and other related expenses
- Three images of past curatorial projects. Jpeg (each jpeg 300dpi) attachments, or photos (no more than 16 images if printed) representing your best work. No slides.
Please mail submission to: Gallery Coordinator – 2868 Mission St. SF, CA 94110
Or electronic submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Web links preferred for viewing bio, CV, or current work. No Facebook links. Any submission missing any required elements will be disqualified and will not be reviewed. For further information, please contact the Gallery Coordinator at 415/ 643-2775 or send an email to email@example.com.