- Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Grand Parade: Sunday, May 26, 2019
MCCLA is seeking proposals from experienced choreographers with demonstrated teaching skills to create a thematic Carnaval choreography, and to teach that choreography to classes of adults and children of all skill levels.
Proposal’s theme and concept should relate to Carnaval San Francisco’s 2019 theme, Culture Heals. Applicant can suggest the theme for the contingent, but final decision will be made by MCCLA’s Carnaval Committee. MCCLA usually participates in the Caribbean, Traditional/Folkloric, or Contemporary categories, with at least 2-3 different rhythms.
Your proposal should answer the 4 questions below in detail:
- What is your proposed theme and concept for MCCLA’s 2019 contingent?
- How will your proposed theme/concept incorporate the elements of dance, music, costume, and overall contingent movement and visual impact?
- What type of dance category and music rhythms are you considering in your proposed choreography?
- Describe your choreography.
- Proposal narrative and answered questions
- Artistic resume including 2 references and work samples
Proposals, resumes, and inquiries must be emailed to email@example.com by December 5, 2018 at 5 PM.
- Proven choreography, artistic vision, and experienced teaching skills. Carnaval experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively work in a team with a mature and respectful manner and relate to participants of all ages and skill levels.
- Exhibit flexibility and generate enthusiasm. Have a sense of humor and positive attitude for duration of project.
- Wed December 5th: Proposal Deadline
- Sat December 15th: Proposal Selection
- Sat January 12th: Carnaval Classes begin
- Sat February 9th: Open House Carnaval Class
- Sat February 23th: Carnaval Choreography begins
- Wed April 3rd: Carnaval Class #2 begins
- Sun May 26th: Carnaval Grand Parade!