MCCLA is preparing for the 2021 annual Day of the Dead Exhibit, and is looking for a bilingual (English and Spanish) docent. MCCLA offers 1/2 hour guided tours to students from the SF School district (elementary, middle and high school), as well as groups from other educational and community institutions.
Tours will be offered for approx. 20 days, from October 12th through November 19th to SF schools, Tuesdays through Fridays, from 10:30am to 3pm, with half hour tours, or by appointment at other times. MCCLA would like to hire no later than September 30, 2021.
The ideal candidate should:
- demonstrate good knowledge of the Day of the Dead cultural celebration
- have have a good grasp the concept and theme of the exhibit, as well as of the individual altar installations
- be enthusiastic, inspiring, and have good storytelling skills
- be able to speak to and interact at various age levels
- be respectful to other ideas, questions, and comments
- be fingerprinted (working with minors under 17 years old)
Please submit your letter of intent and resume to: email@example.com