Languages: Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Department: Bookings & Volunteers Department
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Part-time position: 30 hours a week.
Directly Leads: Customers, prospective renters and volunteers.
Administration Assistant handles all requests, contracts, correspondence, scheduling and record keeping for all rental proposals and contracts. Conducts outreach to the community, organizations and schools to recruit volunteers to assist MCCLA on the day to day and special event tasks and duties.
Scope of Work: Handle all requests, contacts, correspondence, scheduling, record keeping & reporting, related to the rental /use of space. The position also requires constant updating of the main and rental calendar of events. Responsibilities include:
- Keep detailed, updated computerized list of Master & Monthly Events Calendar.
- Provide information & forms to renters (quotes, proposals, applications, rules, etc.)
- Show rental spaces to prospective renters / users.
- Prepare correspondence, quotes, and rental agreements.
- Gather necessary information from renters to promote event (photos, images, text, etc.)
- Submit events information (English & Spanish) to Publicist and Graphics Designer for Calendar of Events.
- Timely collect deposits and payment for rental of spaces.
- Timely submit contract agreements to Bookkeeping Dept. for processing/payment.
- Provide monthly Rental / Use of Space report to Executive Director.
- Assist the receptions desk and other departments when assigned.
Scope of Work: Coordinate all MCCLA volunteers, including Project 20 & General Assistance participants. Work includes, recruitment, orientation, assigning, record-keeping, monitoring and reporting of all volunteer personnel and duties. Responsibilities include:
- Keep updated Tasks List for volunteers by soliciting input from the various departments.
- Actively outreach and recruit volunteers according to MCCLA particular needs, activities and events.
- Conduct intake, orientation & assessment (interests/skills/task requirements, etc) at least once a week.
- Work out work schedules w/volunteers, prepare schedule & assign them to appropriate departments.
- Maintain contact w/ representatives from Project 20 & General Assistance and other programs.
- Keep detailed records of daily/weekly schedules, sign-in sheets, hours worked, and incident reports.
- Dismiss volunteers who are not performing or following MCCLA rules/policies.
- Assist with any other MCCLA project / event as assigned.
- Promotes a positive environment for staff and clients by modeling a professional attitude at all times
- Ensures confidentiality
- Contributes as a team player
- Provides leadership by expressing point of view, maintaining a professional and open attitude at all times and engaging staff and clients in dialogue
- Adheres to MCCLA personnel policies and procedures
- Models MCCLA organizational values at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent public affairs judgment and ability to react quickly to deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to contribute creatively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be extremely organized and able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required by established Gallery schedule
- Bilingual English and Spanish verbal and written skills
- Excellent public speaking skills for teaching and delivering presentations to groups of people
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe and PageMaker a plus.
- Ability to interact with the public via social media
Fast paced work environment with multiple demands presented at all times
Please email email@example.com or fax (415) 648-0933 the following to be considered:
- Resume and Cover Letter summarizing verifiable education and work experience.
- At least 3 professional references.
- Best day and time for an interview.
Please do not call. Submit applications by email or fax, thank you.