Box Office & Events Cashier / Back Up
Description of Work
Hours: 12 to 15 hours per month or as needed.
Compensation: $17 per hour.
General Statement of Duties: Sell tickets and other Mission Cultural Center products (artwork, art merchandise, etc.) to customers in person using cash or credit card, make change quickly and accurately; balance out cash drawer at the end of the shift or day; must give accurate information to high number of phone inquiries; deals with an occasional unsatisfied customer; works under stress when lines are long and the phones are busy. Upon request, provides accurate information to patrons. Some events requiring admission payment happen after regular hours and/or weekends.
Supervision Received: Works under supervision of Full Charge Bookkeeper and the Box Office Cashier.
Examples of Work
- Accepts cash or credit card payment from customers for tickets for classes and events at the Box Office or at the Gallery, using Square and Vendini automated system.
- Accurately answers a high number of phone inquiries.
- Balances the cash drawers at the end of the shift or day.
- Makes change quickly and accurately.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level/type as required.
- Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED.
- 1-2 years cashier experience
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Should have an outgoing personality, be confident and self assured and have good public relations skills.
- Must be able to:
- Work with the public on a one-to-one basis.
- Work varied schedules including evenings and weekends when requested.
How to Apply
- Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, bring it to our office during office hours (Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 5:30 PM).